When designing your kitchen space, keep in mind that walkways should be wide enough. This is especially so in the cooking area, where at least two persons should be able to comfortably stand without hitting against each other. Make way for appliances. It should not be a hindrance when you open the cupboard, microwave, or refrigerator. Check out the best handyman packages in Pickerington to get started.
- Countertop space: The countertop is the important space in your kitchen. Only when you have a comfortable space, it will not appear clumsy. Otherwise, when you are cooking your countertop would be full of boxes and vessels. The height of your countertop also matters. You can also try combining different heights for the countertop. You can place the appliances like mixer and oven at the lower height so that it is easy to operate.
- The walkways should be at least 42 inches wide to have a free movement of people.
- Leave space for the fridge: Now that you have commenced renovation, it may not be possible to replace everything with new stuff in your kitchen at the same time. If you are planning to buy a bigger fridge in the future, make sure you allow space for that during your renovation itself. You cannot accommodate a bigger fridge later on. You can keep your present fridge in the bigger space created. Till such time you get a new one, you can use the space as storage for some other things too.
- Make space for microwave: Normally the microwave should be placed at an accessible height. It should be easily reachable if you are going to use it regularly. Some people may not use the oven regularly and may want it placed above the cooking range. This is also a normal practice in kitchens, but using the cooking range and the oven at the same time may be an issue. If possible, avoid placing the oven on the countertop since it eats up a lot of space.
- This may pave way for insects to settle down. You should speak to the contractor to make arrangements to seal the gaps. Also, from the aesthetic point of view, these gaps do not look good.